· The qualification period forcandidates will begin on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 7:30am and endon Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 5:00pm.
- Candidates qualify throughthe City Clerk’s Office at City Hall.
- The qualification fee forcandidates seeking election is $50.00.
- During the qualificationperiod, candidates pay their qualification fee and file their Statement ofCandidacy form with the City Clerk.
- Candidates must alsofile a Statement of Economic Interests form with the Alabama Ethics Commission(AEC) within five (5) days of the date the candidate files his or her Statementof Candidacy with the City Clerk. For more informationon the Statement of Economic Interests form or to complete it online goto https://ethics-form.alabama.gov/ or contact the AEC at 334.242.2997. Candidates whoalready have a current Statement of Economics Interests form on file with theEthics Commission do not have to file a duplicate statement atqualification. If online access is not available, paper forms will be availableat the City Clerk’s Office during the qualification period.
- All candidates must be aregistered voter of the municipality at the time of qualification and musthave been a resident of the City of Ashville for at least 90 days prior tothe election.
- The Fair Campaign Practices Act (FCPA) sets out rulesfor how and when candidates can raise and spend money. The law alsospecifies how campaign finance activities are reported. It is the candidate’sresponsibility to comply with the FCPA.