· The qualification period for candidates will begin on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 7:30am and end on Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 5:00pm.
- Candidates qualify through the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall.
- The qualification fee for candidates seeking election is $50.00.
- During the qualification period, candidates pay their qualification fee and file their Statement of Candidacy form with the City Clerk.
- Candidates must also file a Statement of Economic Interests form with the Alabama Ethics Commission(AEC) within five (5) days of the date the candidate files his or her Statement of Candidacy with the City Clerk. For more information on the Statement of Economic Interests form or to complete it online go to https://ethics-form.alabama.gov/ or contact the AEC at 334.242.2997. Candidates who already have a current Statement of Economics Interests form on file with the Ethics Commission do not have to file a duplicate statement at qualification. If online access is not available, paper forms will be available at the City Clerk’s Office during the qualification period.
- All candidates must be a registered voter of the municipality at the time of qualification and must have been a resident of the City of Ashville for at least 90 days prior to the election.
- The Fair Campaign Practices Act (FCPA) sets out rules for how and when candidates can raise and spend money. The law also specifies how campaign finance activities are reported. It is the candidate’s responsibility to comply with the FCPA.