The City of Ashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
July 10, 2017
The City of Ashville Water & Sewer Departmentis currently accepting applications for the position of Water & SewerOperator Trainee. We are looking forsomeone who meets the following description:
· Possess excellent work ethic
· Able to work weekends, evenings, nights andholidays as needed
· Willing to acquire sewer operator & wateroperator status within first two years of employment
· Desires to excel and eventually manage the systemin the future
· Able to communicate well with the public
· Able to do basic math
The position requires general, manual labor. Experience inoperating equipment, such as a backhoe, is a plus.
Applications are available at Ashville City Hall located at211 8th Street or at www.cityofashville.org. Applications will be accepted at City Halluntil close of business on Monday, July 31, 2017.
For more information, please contact Jesse Leal, WaterSuperintendent or Chrystal St. John,City Clerk.
PartTime Court Clerk
July 10, 2017
The City of Ashville Municipal Court is currentlyaccepting applications for the position of a Part Time Court Clerk. We are looking for someone who:
· Possessan excellent work ethic
· Isable to prepare, organize and record documents
· Is willing to acquire magistrate certificationwithin the first six months of employment
· Is able to operate a computer terminal and otherbasic office equipment
· Is able to communicate well with the public
· Is able to work late if needed especially oncourt dates
· Is able to travel regionally to attend continuingeducation classes
Applications and a full job description is available atAshville City Hall located at 211 8th Street or atwww.cityofashville.org. Applicationswill be accepted at City Hall until close of business on Monday, July 31, 2017.